1) Fair Trade Comes to Hollywood: Fair Trade L.A.’s annual fundraiser has a black white attire themed event highlighting Fair Trade Fashion and vendors with a surprise appearance:
When: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 7:00-10:00pm
Where: Mack Sennet Studios 1215 Bates Avenue Los Angeles 90029
How much: All proceeds go toward making L.A. the largest Fair Trade town in U.S by 2018. Tickets are $70 but increase to $75 after 9/16/17. Get tickets via Fair Trade L.A.
Follow on IG: @fairtradela
2) Fashion Community Week: Sustainable Fashion and the Future of Fashion Conference
This event covers sustainable fashion topics and experts as well as how technology will play a major role in the future.
When: September 21, 2017 6:00-9:00pm
Where: Eco Systm 540 Howard Street San Francisco, 94105
How much: All proceeds will go to the Featured Founder: People Wear San Francisco. Tickets are available at Eventbrite.
Follow on IG: @fashioncommunityweek
3) Green Carpet Fashion Awards: GCFA ‘s purpose is to differentiate the Made in Italy brand and highlight the sustainability and ethical standards in the fashion industry. Co-organized through Eco-Age founder, Livia Firth and Camera Nazionalle della Moda Italiana (CNMI).
When: September 24, 2017
Where: Milan Teatro alla Escala
Follow on IG:@ecoage
4) International Eco Fashion Week Australia Spearheaded by Zuhaul Kuvan Mills, eco-designer in Perth, Australia and the goal is to alter mainstream perspective of sustainable fashion while highlighting other eco-fashion designers, artist, activists, media, local and global governments and other businesses. This event will include expert discussions, workshops, runway, and exhibitions with the best in eco-fashion.
When: November 23-27, 2017
Where: Victoria Hall Building 179 High Street Fremantle, WA Australia
How Much: $95 B.F.
Follow on IG: ecofashionweekaustralia
5) Slow it Down: Sustainability in Fashion, Mous Magazine brings you an event with INFORM panel discussing sustainable fashion design and business experts as slow fashion makes it way past fast fashion industry.
When: September 6, 2017 7-8:30pm
Where: Metro Arts Lumen Room, Brisbane Australia
How much: $10-20 (Eventbrite)
6) Sustainable Fashion London Symposium: During London Fashion Week, discussions on sustainable fashion will include: sustainable design, ethically made, retail consumption, and education as well as time for networking.
When: September 18, 2017, 10:00-16:00 BST
Where: Crown Plaza London, Battersea Bridges Warf, London (Eventbrite)
How much: from $49
7) New York City esabitchin’: This event will be a celebration of a fashion exhibition, art gallery experience, music, and NYC sustainable fashion design. Seven fashion designers will be highlighted and organized via esa.
When: September 8, 2017 7:00-11:00pm
Where: 165 Allen Street, NY, New York 10002
How much: $15-20 (Eventbrite)
Whether you want to attend a smaller intimate gathering or go all out at an all-day symposium, check out these sustainable fashion events and tell me about your experience if you go in the comments section below. Often, going to these events can broad your experience about the fashion industry as sustainability and global minded people come together to inform the public and how the fashion industry is changing in today’s market. To catch more info feel free to check out our facebook group: Sustainable Fashion Workshop where we discuss many topics on sustainable fashion. Did you attend an event in your area? If not, what would you like to see in the city where you live regarding eco-fashion?